GA4 Property to Google Ads
Linking your Google Ads account to your Analytics property lets you see the full customer cycle, from how users interact with your marketing (e.g., seeing ad impressions, clicking ads) to how they finally complete the goals you’ve set for them.
Before you start, make sure that you're using a Google Account that has Edit permission for the Analytics property and Administrative access for the Google Ads account(s). Additionally, only active Google Ads accounts are eligible for linking with your Analytics property.
Note: These permissions are only required for the linking process. After you've created the link, the permissions can be modified or removed entirely.
The linking wizard makes it easy to link your Google Ads account(s) to multiple views of your Analytics property. If you have multiple Analytics properties that want to link to your Google Ads account(s), complete the linking process for each property.
- Sign in to Google Analytics.
Note: You can also open Analytics from within your Google Ads account. Click the Tools & Settings icon 🔧, select Google Analytics, and then follow the rest of these instructions.
- Click Admin and navigate to the property you want to link.
- In the Property column, click Google Ads Linking.
- Click + New link group.
- Select the Google Ads accounts you want to link, then click Continue. If you have an Google Ads manager account, select that account to link it (and all of its child accounts). If you want to link only some managed accounts, expand the manager account, then select each of the managed Google Ads accounts that you want to link. Or, click All Linkable to select all of managed Google Ads accounts, and then deselect individual accounts.
- Enter a link group title.
- Turn linking ON for each view in the property in which you want Google Ads data.
- Optionally, select Enable Google Display Network Impression Reporting to also include that data in each view.
- If you've already enabled auto-tagging in your Google Ads accounts, or if you want to let the linking process automatically enable auto-tagging in your Google Ads accounts, skip to the next step.However, if you want to manually tag your Google Ads links, click Advanced settings > Leave my auto-tagging settings as they are.
- Click Link accounts.
Congratulations! Your accounts are now linked. If you opted to use auto-tagging (recommended), Analytics will start automatically associating your Google Ads data with customer clicks.
When you link an Google Ads account and an Analytics property, anyone with access to the view(s) you selected during linking will be able to see your imported Google Ads data. Likewise, if you choose to import Analytics data (goals/Ecommerce transactions, metrics, or Remarketing lists) into your Google Ads account, anyone with access to that Google Ads account will be able to see your imported Analytics data.
Updated about 2 months ago